Present Music's 2013 Fall Campaign
“Then listen hard, as the music has called you to do, and try to distinguish when the music ends and silence begins. On Saturday, I wasn’t sure when that happened. Listening intently for another fluted bird-call, or glittery outburst of bells, I began to notice the cicadas, the crunch of grass under my feet, the unquiet silence. Then, applause, though no one was absolutely sure it was over. I left a new kind of listener, which is one of the most wonderful things a piece of music can do.”
- Review of Inuksuit on September 7, 2013 by Paul Kosidowski, MilwaukeeMag.com
Dear Present Music Fan,
Your contributions throughout the years have helped create new music to be enjoyed by audiences in Milwaukee and all over the world. THANK YOU FOR MAKING MUSIC HISTORY!
Would you renew your support, either at the same amount or at a 10% increase? For those who are first-time supporters, we ask that you join the list of Igniters with a gift from $1-99.
If you went to the Inuksuit concert in September at the Lynden Sculpture Garden, you were among the hundreds who experienced “the ultimate environmental piece.” It was a great way to kick off the season, but there are still more innovative concerts coming up including:
· 100 voices at Thanksgiving concert
· A chamber concert featuring all female composers in January
· A heart-pounding collaboration with Danceworks Performance Company in March
· A visiting Irish singer in April
· New works by local residents of Milwaukee for our season finale
Click here for a menu highlighting some of the tasty offerings we’re planning. From pre-concert events to education programs to visiting composer residencies, all of your gifts will transform these ideas into reality.
Time and time again visiting artists and composers comment on how incredible your enthusiasm is for new music. Please add or renew your support and help make this year a season to remember!
If you are unable to make a contribution before December 31st, please consider a gift next spring. Thank you in advance for the many ways you keep Present Music on the cutting edge of creativity, collaboration and commissions.
Here are some of the ways your contribution can help:
· Imagining, planning and executing seven concerts per season
· Making music history by commissioning new works from today’s up and coming composers
· Securing the best musicians and guest artists from Milwaukee and around the world
· Teaching young people how to become composers through the Creation Project
Please make a gift today and hear new music come alive!
158 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Call Christine Liu, General Manager at (414) 271-0711 x 4
Add a donation to your ticket purchase when buying online!