Present Music's 2014 Fall Campaign
“Soon, there are tones and notes—several players spin flexible tubes that turn the whistling air into major-triad arpeggios, and then PM’s Kevin Stalheim blows the first full-on blast on his conch shell, a call to musical arms…”
-Paul Kosidowski, MilwaukeeMag.com
Dear Present Music Fan,
Thank you for appreciating and sustaining Present Music. If you joined us this year’s Thanksgiving concert, you know how it feels when the wonderful and unexpected arises from an everyday silence. Your presence and participation is what brings these meaningful and powerful artistic experiences to life.
To bring our work to life this season, we find ourselves facing an uncommon shortfall of $25,000. Please consider a meaningful, increased gift to this year’s Fall Campaign. Together, we will provide imaginative and provocative experiences like these:
- Hearing Voices, PM’s new vocal ensemble, performed with 90+ musicians at the sold out Thanksgiving concert.
- A world-premiere by 22-year old composer Molly Joyce on March 20.
- A frolic “In the Alps” with young girl raised by goats on top of a mountain on April 24.
- The Creation Project, where students compose and perform their own new music.
- A Present Music Nation concert June 5 where you vote for the music we will perform.
We are grateful to supporters like you that keep Present Music independent, ambitious and edgy. Please feel free to contact us with any questions about this season’s fundraising efforts and Fall Campaign.
Here are some of the ways your contribution can help:
- Imagining, planning and executing seven concerts per season
- Making music history by commissioning new works from today’s up and coming composers
- Securing the best musicians and guest artists from Milwaukee and around the world
- Teaching young people how to become composers through the Creation Project
Please make a gift today and hear new music come alive!
158 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Call Chad Piechocki, Managing Director, at (414) 271-0711 x 4
More ways to support PM:
- Add a donation to your ticket purchase when buying online!
- Shopping online? Go through our Amazon Smile link first and PM earns .05% of the price of your purchases! You can even share with your friends and family and get them in on the action with this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/39-1438119